RIVAGE PM Firmware V4.21 (Previous version)
A problem was found in V4.02 or later firmware, in which a combination of specific operations will cause the LCD touch screen(s) to become inoperable and display the following error message “Software exception has been detected. PLEASE RESTART THIS CONSOLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.”.
CS-R10, CS-R10-S, CSD-R7, CS-R5, CS-R3
Conditions of Occurrence
Simultaneous operation of the following actions -
- Touching and dragging across the screen to select multiple channels on the "1-72", "73-144", "145-216", or "217-288" tab for EQ or DYNAMICS.
- Switching layers or banks, or switching windows by operation from USER DEFINED KEY, GPI, or MIDI.
The following symptoms may occur immediately or a few seconds after performing the above operations.
The faders, knobs, keys, and LCD touch screens on the front panel become inoperable, and the above error message appears in a few seconds. Touching the "OK" button at the bottom of the message will restore the fader, knob, and key operations. However, the LCD touch screen remains inoperable.
In this state, the system can be operated from the RIVAGE PM Editor and the sound will continue to output without any interruption.
Should this problem occur, please press the RESET button on the rear panel of the console. While it resets, the console to be inoperable for up to one minute, but sound will continue to be processed and output.
RIVAGE PM Firmware / Editor / StageMix Compatibility
Please make sure that all firmware versions match for CS-R10, CS-R10-S, CSD-R7, CS-R5, CS-R3, DSP-R10, DSP-RX, DSP-RX-EX, RPio622, RPio222, RIVAGE PM Editor, RIVAGE PM StageMix, and MonitorMix when you operate the RIVAGE PM system. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
For TWINLANe network cards to be updated simultaneously with their host device (HY256-TL, HY256-TL-SMF), install them into a corresponding slot. If any additional cards are installed after performing the update, please execute the update program again.
To update a Dante card (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC), use the Dante Firmware Update Manager.
V4.20 is no longer available for download, because it cannot support a modified production process for CS-R5. Please use V4.21 instead.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
Changes in V4.21
- Adds support for a modified production process for CS-R5. It doesn’t provide any new features.
New features in V4.20
- Now supports the WSG-HY128 HY interface card provided by Waves.
New features in V4.12
- Now supports CS-R3 control surface.
- Now supports DSP "Parameter Mirror" mode which synchronizes parameters between two DSP engines for systems that do not use TWINLANe.
- Switching the active DSP engine state while running parameter mirroring causes a very short interruption to sound output from an attached control surface.
- SURFACE SETTINGS banks can now be assigned to USER DEFINED keys.
- Added the ON button on the INSERT screen.
- For details, refer to the RIVAGE PM series operation manual.
New features in V4.02
- Now supports the CS-R5 control surface and the DSP-RX(-EX) DSP engines.
- RIVAGE PM7 system Input channel count increased from 120 to 144 and Matrix channel count increased from 24 to 36.
- Added the new Reverb Plug-in “Eventide SP2016”.
- Added support for remote control from “MonitorMix” app (V1.3 or later) for iOS or Android.
- Added improved flexibility of HY slots -
- HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC and HY128-MD cards can now be used in any HY slot of all DSP engines (including CSD-R7)
- Up to 48 Dante devices can now be mounted and controlled from a DSP Engine hosting two or more HY cards featuring Dante.
When using two or more HY144-D/HY144-D-SRC cards in the same DSP engine, it is recommended to connect them both to the same Dante network. To remotely control HA of devices in different Dante networks via multiple HY-Dante cards, specify a unique subnet (network address) to each Dante network.
Make sure that all Dante Control IDs of HY144-D/HY144-D-SRC cards (including those inserted in the same DSP engine), and CL/QL series CONSOLE IDs that are connected to the same network, are unique (or switched OFF).
- Improved operability -
- Expanded custom fader bank capacity to 5 banks (which allows 30 custom layers per fader bay).
- EQ screen frequency response graph view can now be visually expanded and multi-touch operation can be used (Only applies to CS-R5 and CS-R3).
- In the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen, EQ, DYNAMICS, and SEND parameters can now be controlled by the 12 encoders below the screen.
- The order of DYNAMICS parameters has been improved, so OUTGAIN, ATTACK and RELEASE are found in logical positions, for example.
- You can now move to the EDIT screen for the corresponding function by pressing an encoder in the Selected Channel section of the panel.
- Added AUTO A.G./D.G. Function to channel strip encoders.
- It is now possible to switch SEND blocks on the Overview screen and the SEND FROM/TO screen.
- In addition, the screen layout has been updated.
- Improved visibility
- Expanded the meter area and increased resolution.
- Expanded the channel name area.
- Improved maintenance features
- Expanded the LOG function.
- The status of the entire system can now be monitored using the SYSTEM CONFIG screen.
- Inserts via the TWINLANe network are now available for all channels.
- Bay Link operation has been improved with more options in the SURFACE SETTINGS Preferences menu.
- The file name extension for all console files has been changed to ".RIVAGEPM".
- In Surround Mode, the option USE PHONES B FOR SURROUND MONITOR has been added.
- Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8, Focusrite Rednet 4/MP8R, and Yamaha Tio1608-D devices can now be remote controlled via the Dante network.
- Added support for L-ACOUSTICS "L-ISA" desk link function.
For details, refer to the RIVAGE PM series operation manual.
Version 4 or newer for DSP-R10 contains software produced by a third party.
For information about the license, refer to *** (product name)_OSSLicense_e.pdf, which is included in the downloaded file.
Fixed Bugs in V4.20
- Solved a problem in which, with V4.02 and V4.12 of DSP-RX(-EX) and CSD-R7, the device may need to be restarted if control of L-ACOUSTICS Immersive Sound System “L-ISA” was enabled.
Fixed Bugs in V4.12
- Solved some minor errors.
Fixed Bugs in V4.02
- Solved a problem in which the current event number in the event list may not be retained when the power was turned on for RIVAGE PM10/PM7.
If the timecode is restarted with a valid TIME CODE SOURCE selected, the timecode value will be reset to 0 after the restart, and the event list will return to the beginning.
- Solved a problem that channel colors were not correctly displayed when recalling a scene with changed channel colors.
- Solved a problem in which the wrong scene title and number may be displayed in the SCENE MEMORY LCD after the [INC] key or [DEC] key was rapidly pressed multiple times.
- Solved the problem in which, after exiting the Preview mode, a different scene number would flash in the SCENE field and the SCENE field would not show the current scene number.
- Solved the problem in which Dante I/O devices that were mounted by selecting from -ONLINE- DEVICE LIST may not become connected but be indicated as "Virtual."
- Solved the problem in which all the port names could not be obtained for a Dante device with 33 or more inputs/outputs that was mounted to HY144-D/HY144-D-SRC.
- Solved some other minor errors.
- With V4.02, V4.12, and V4.20 of DSP-RX, and CSD-R7, in rare cases, the input level meter moves on the pop-up screen for editing some plug-ins, even when audio is not input.
- When DSP MIRROR MODE1: TWINLANe MIRROR is used, and HY card slot 2 of RPio is set to ROUTING MODE2, output patches of HY card slot 2 are not taken over automatically by a changeover from A (active DSP) to B (standby DSP).
The workaround is the following.
- Manually Switch the unit B to the active state.
- Set the same patch to unit B.
- Switch unit A back to the active state.
- MIDI NOTE ON/OFF may not be transmitted correctly if the MIDI Note ON is assigned to a User Defined Key and is rapidly pressed several times.
Notices in version updating
- When updating CS-R5 from V4.00, first update to V4.02 and then update to V4.20. If CS-R5 is updated directly to V4.20, the touch panels will not respond when the update is completed. If this happens, skip the proper shutdown procedure and turn the power switches off and back on again. The console will operate normally once correctly updated to the V4.20.
- When updating CS-R5 or DSP-RX(-EX) from V4.00 or V4.02, the progress bar may stop or an error may prevent the updating process. If this continues for ten minutes or longer, turn the power off and on again, then re-start the firmware update.
- It is not possible to update DSP-RX(-EX) when using DSP Mirroring and the engine is in ‘Standby’ state. Please set DSP-RX(-EX) to ‘Active’ state and then proceed with the update.
- The project file saving method has been changed from V1.20.
When loading a project file saved by V1.16 or earlier, the patching of plug-ins may be unintentionally removed. If this happens, manually patch them again.
- When updating the console’s firmware from V1.20 or earlier, the progress bar may stop at the 14/18 status, or an error may stop the updating process. If this continues for five minutes or longer, turn the power of the console to off and on, and then retry the firmware update.
- When loading a project file saved by V1.21 and earlier, the RACK Focus status indicator on the SCENE screen may not light even if effect plug-ins or GEQs are the target of Focus Recall. To indicate the Focus status properly, open the SCENE SETUP (FOCUS) pop-up screen once, and then close it. After doing this, save the revised project file to remove this problem in the future.
Notices in version downgrading
- Do not load a project file saved by V1.51 and later to a system running V1.21 and earlier. When loading, all plug-ins will be un-mounted in all Scenes including the current memory. In this case, re-mounting and setting up of parameters will be required.
- When downgrading the firmware, be sure to initialize all systems after downgrading.
- When loading data including the MixToInput settings of the V3.00 system, the MixToInput function will work in RIVAGE PM systems even of less than V3.00. However, be careful of the possibility of unwanted signal loops, etc.
Notices for usage
- An error dialog “Console Network ring connection open! Check cable connection.” may rarely be displayed when the sampling rate is changed on the WORD CLOCK screen. However, it does not affect the actual operation.
- When INPUT patching is performed with the maximum number of channels of the HY256-TL or HY256-TL-SMF card exceeding 256, it appears to be correctly patched but no patch is established and no audio is input.
- No tally signal is output from a fader moved by MIDI control change.
- In rare cases, a “DSP Disconnected!” message could be shown. If the message appears, take the following course of action:
- Re-Sync manually. Check this first for the fastest possible recovery (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, use the [RESET] button on the back of the console (Operations 1 and 2 do not mute the audio).
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the console.
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, restart the DSP Engine (Doesn’t apply to RIVAGE PM7) (Operations 3 and 4 mute the audio).
- If you recall a Scene in which a very high HA gain was set, from a scene having a low HA gain, even if no signal is patched, a very loud pink noise signal is occasionally output for a few seconds.
- When a certain type of USB keyboard is connected to the console, the following message may appear:
You must restart your computer to apply these changes [Restart Now] [Restart Later]If this message is shown, remove this USB keyboard. It is not compatible with the console and cannot be used. The console does not need to be restarted.
- When a DSP mirroring failover occurs, if the DSP engine B is set to active, the Word Clock master will not change automatically. To prevent audio dropouts, do not turn off the power of the DSP engine A even after a failover occurs.
- The channel name LCD cannot display unsupported characters such as Japanese kanji used in the Dante channel labels.
- If a DSP engine hosts one or more Dante cards (HY144-D and HY144-D-SRC in Synchronous (144io Sync SRC) mode), only check the “Enable Sync to External” option for the card that operates as the master on the Dante network.
Contrat de licence et fichier de téléchargement
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY ABORT USING THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Yamaha hereby grants you a license to use copy(ies) of the software program(s) and data ("SOFTWARE") accompanying this Agreement, only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. The term SOFTWARE shall encompass any updates to the accompanying software and data. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha's licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions. While you are entitled to claim ownership of the data created with the use of SOFTWARE, the SOFTWARE will continue to be protected under relevant copyrights.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE in any manner that might infringe third party copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to use.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
This Agreement becomes effective on the day that you receive the SOFTWARE and remains effective until terminated. If any copyright law or provision of this Agreement is violated, this Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately abort using the SOFTWARE and destroy any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA'S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
6. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
This SOFTWARE may include the software or its modifications which include any open source licenses, including but not limited to GNU General Public License or Lesser General Public License ("OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE"). Your use of OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is subject to the license terms specified by each rights holder. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and each open source license, the open source license terms will prevail only where there is a conflict.
7. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND SERVICE
Third party software, service and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. IF, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the terms of any agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. All legal notices, notice of disputes and demands for arbitration, and any other notice which purports to change these provisions or to assert legal entitlements must be sent in writing to:
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 430-8650, Japan
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
Yamaha may amend, revise or update this Agreement at its discretion. Any change or update that Yamaha makes to this Agreement will be effective after you agree with the updated terms of this Agreement or use this SOFTWARE.
Last updated :January 28, 2020
Tu as aussi besoin
- HY144-D Firmware V188.8.131.52_2.0.8
- HY144-D-SRC Firmware V184.108.40.206_2.0.8
- RIVAGE PM Editor V4.2.1 for Win 10/8.1 (Previous version)
- RIVAGE PM Editor V4.2.1 for Mac macOS 11(Intel/Apple M1), 10.15-10.13 (Previous version)
- RIVAGE PM StageMix
- MonitorMix (iOS)
- MonitorMix (Android)
- RIVAGE PM Block Diagram
- RIVAGE PM series Data List
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ データリスト
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [English]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [Español]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [Français]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [Português]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM series Operation manual [中文]
- RIVAGE PMシリーズ オペレーションマニュアル
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM10 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM10 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Italiano]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [한국어]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Português]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [Русский]
- RIVAGE PM7 System Setup Guide [中文]
- RIVAGE PM7 システムセットアップガイド
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [English]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Español]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix User Guide [Français]
- RIVAGE PM StageMix ユーザーガイド
- MonitorMix User Guide [English]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Deutsch]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Español]
- MonitorMix User Guide [Français]
- MonitorMix ユーザーガイド