CL3 Firmware V4.50 (Previous version)
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.
Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support EEE.
* EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
Cautions for Dante Firmware
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the CL series.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager since v18.104.22.168 for Windows does not support Windows XP. Please use Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- When updating, refer to “CL5/CL3/CL1 Firmware Update Guide.”
- The Dante settings might not be properly initialized when the firmware is updated, which results in data inconsistency between the CL/QL console and the R series units. This might occur only when the Dante Latency was set to 0.25ms or 0.5ms. Therefore, after updating, it is recommend to briefly change the Latency to 1.0ms on the console with the Console ID #1, then restore the original setting again. This will remove the possible data inconsistency between the console and the mounted R series units. However, Dante Controller will be needed to manually change the settings of R series units that are not mounted on the console with Console ID #1.
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New features in V4.50
- Now supports the Dante Domain Manager.
- Now supports the Rio3224-D2 and Rio1608-D2.
Improvements in V4.50
- The Dante status display has been improved.
- The Premium Rack Edit screen will remain open when recalling a Scene selected the same module. In previous versions, the Edit screen was closed when a Scene was recalled.
Fixed bugs in V4.50
- Solved a problem in which, when you change the configuration of the Dante network under specific conditions, an error message is displayed and the unit needs to be restarted.
- Solved a problem in which audio signal is output at unity level momentarily when you operate mute channel ON/OFF or CUE while DCA muting the INPUT BUS/MIX BUS that is being sent to MATRIX 7/8.
- Solved a problem in which the sound of the OpenDeck Plug-in does not sound under the initial setting.
- Solved a problem in which the High band gain is set to 0 dB when loading an EQ Library made before V4 and earlier.
- Solved a problem that changes are not reflected in the EQ graph of Overview when the Band Bypass of EQ is changed.
- Solved a problem in which StageMx cannot be synchronized if offset is applied to CH LINK in such as RECALL SAFE for a stereo MIX BUS etc. set via the BUS SETUP.
- Solved a problem in which the CL/QL unit may become inappropriate due to misrecognitions, or due to poor contact etc., when inserting a USB memory.
- Solved a problem in which “No response from I/O device” message was displayed incorrectly.
- Solved a problem in which CUE CLEAR of the CL unit also cleared CUE B when setting the CUE B to Remote mode.
- Solved a problem in which the [Next]/[Prev] functions set with USER DEFINED Keys did not work when closing the RECORDER screen.
- If Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the CL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the CL series device is restarted. In such cases, patch the DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, patches after CH41 cannot be performed from CL series consoles.
- Loading of a file created by version V1.15 or older will not include the mount information of Dante devices other than any connected R-series. It is the same when recalling a DANTE INPUT PATCH LIBRARY. Please reset MOUNT, PATCH, and DANTE INPUT PATCH Library data using V1.51 or later if necessary.
- When a power redundant error occurs in the Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2, the SYSTEM/SYNC error message on the CL/QL unit mounted to the Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2 is incorrectly displayed as “DANTE SETTING MISMATCH.”
- You can use the following amount of CL/QL/R Remote units to remotely control each device unit (listed at left).
RSio64-D/Tio1608-D: Maximum of two CL/QL/R Remote units.
RMio64-D: Maximum of six CL/QL/R Remote units.
Rio/Ri/Ro: Maximum of four CL/QL units plus two separate computers operating R Remote.
Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2: Maximum of four CL/QL units plus five separate computers operating R Remote.
- You can connect maximum of ten iOS devices operating MonitorMix.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- The following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE. (Except Dante non-supported devices)
# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)
* indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used) Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.
For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit, even if it is a different size.
- In V2.0 and later, custom fader bank settings are not only included in user settings, but in scene data as well. The custom fader bank settings that are called up vary depending on the logged-in user, the type of the loaded data, and the version. Please note the following points:
If you load console data of the ALL type as Administrator, the custom fader bank settings for the saved Administrator are recalled. If you load ALL data as Guest or another user, the custom fader bank settings for the saved current scene are called up.
If you load ALL data that was saved in CL V1.70 or earlier, since scenes do not include custom fader bank settings, the custom fader bank settings for the current scene when the load was performed are applied to all scenes. Therefore, before loading ALL data, we recommend that you either change users to set the custom fader bank to the desired setting, or that you enable Recall Safe for the custom fader bank.
- File Converter V4.0.0, compatible with CL firmware V2.xx, V3.xx, and V4.xx and QL firmware V3.xx and V4.xx has been made available for use.
Contrat de licence et fichier de téléchargement
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.